Apr 22, 2010

McKinney-Gold's Gym commercial


The amount of DECEPTIVE gym and workout advertising I see actually disgusts me. Whether it is a membership to Bally Fitness, a Bowflex or an ab machine that makes sure "you have 6 pack abs in no time!!!", this commercial created by McKinney for Gold's Gym doesn't have any promises, doesn't even describe the features of the product. All it says is go to the gym and challenge yourself. Also, at least when I think of a gym, I think of motivation. Some of these other workout commercials are completely counterproductive. They make it seem as though losing weight/becoming strong is easy as pie and that all you need is 20 minutes 3 times a week. Well, from personal experience, I call BS. Gold's Gym doesn't say any of this, it says work hard, and by watching the woman firing away doing her sit ups, it is a motivational tool to get off your lazy butt and go work out... be the best you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment