Apr 2, 2010

Carmichael Lynch-Harley Davidson commercial


Wow... I'm glad I don't know anyone who rides a Harley; that was my first impression. OBVIOUSLY I am NOT a biker or have any affiliation with the 'biking culture'. This is part of the reason I find this commercial grotesque, sending a terrible message that if you ride a Harley you can get any woman you want. The only trouble with this particular spot, which based on the youtube comments, I was not only one who had this dilemma, is that it is difficult to gauge who is the husband and who is not. After a few views, it is clear the original man in bed is the husband, who is essentially scared off by the "Harley guy". Either way, the message is irresponsible, the layout is sleazy, but you know what... perhaps that is exactly what Harley Davidson riders, or other Bike Riders like to see: respect and fear from others. In this crazy world of advertising, we have to wear multiple hats, and even though I don't agree with this one, I'll buckle up and say, props to you Carmichael, you know what your biker wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment