Apr 22, 2010

Cliff Freeman & Partners-Little Caesar's "Pizza Pizza" campaign


Fast food advertising is the easiest category to get lost in the clutter, but Cliff Freeman & Partners did a terrific job establishing Little Caesar's as the cheesiest and most affordable pizza, in addition to an unforgettable slogan in "pizza pizza!". Unfortunately, I was unable to find the particular spots which I think are the most effective and that are my personal favorite. These are the spots from (I'm guessing???) the 80s where someone pulls a slice of pizza and the cheese follows them. This blatant puffery and universal humor really positions the brand well, separating it from any of its competitors. Personally, I never had Little Caesar's pizza growing up, because I lived in Europe at the time, however, the "pizza pizza" campaign is truly unlike any other pizza or even fast food advertising I have ever seen. RIP Cliff Freeman, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment