Apr 23, 2010

AMV/BBDO-The Economist


When someone thinks of a non-traditional or a clever outdoor ad, it's normally not for a magazine or news publication. However, the work AMV/BBDO has done for the Economist is brilliant, and is as witty as it's readers. Obviously, the target market for such a publication will not be as universal as Burger King, making it far less extravagant of a campaign, but I think the account planners for this particular project definitely did their homework in terms of reaching the consumer. Personally, I read the Economist once in a while, and as a student interested in the world around me, I would say I am not far off the Economist's target customer. And as a consumer, these outdoor, print and 'light bulb' ads (perhaps a combination between outdoor and non-traditional??), position the brand well in my mind. Well done AMV/BBDO, you understand the target audience... far easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment