Apr 1, 2010

Draftfcb-Boeing corporate advertising


In this class, most of the advertising we have looked at have been for fun clients. Let's face it: Nike, Adidas, Snickers, Starburst, Apple, Pepsi, Coke, BudLight, and the list goes on. For 'fun' clients, it is easier (and more appropriate) to do fun advertising. This past summer, I interned at Draftfcb Chicago, and was on the Boeing account. Far different from what I ever imagined advertising to be like, I learned a tremendous amount about corporate advertising. The importance of maintaining a good corporate image for a company as large and significant as Boeing is essential. Hiring the best engineers, the best suppliers, establishing relationships with large commercial airlines and government defense systems...all these were components of corporate advertising I learned last summer. This campaign, which I was extremely proud to work on, features actual Boeing employees sharing their purpose for the Boeing company, sharing why they are there. As cheesy as it sounds, it still gives me goosebumps every time I watch this...

No comments:

Post a Comment