Apr 20, 2010

Euro RSCG-Chivas "Live with Chivalry"


I have said it before in my blog, and I'm saying it again, something about English advertising makes me want to watch the whole thing! This :60 second spot for Chivas Regal, a classy and expensive Scotch, may seem like a typical commercial for an older man's drink. However, to me, the most impressive part about these TV spots is that for a first time viewer, till the end, you are not sure what the product is. It could be any sophisticated and suave brand ranging from watches to suits, yet we want to stay and watch the whole thing (at least that's how I felt). Additionally, what I like about this campaign is that unlike much American alcohol advertising, where the man gets the girl, over here it is all about being a gentleman, and 'living with chivalry'. The spot shows a man helping others, understanding the world around him, challenging himself, and only because of that is he drinking Chivas. A noble message, one which I wish more American advertising would implement.

No comments:

Post a Comment